IWKA – Return to Class Protocol
We are adhering with government regulations and the following the requirements of the schools by making changes to reduce the risk of transmission. Martial arts classes have particular associated risks which means there are actions on our part to reduce the possible transmission of the virus.
Prevention of infected people visiting the class
Reduce ‘density risk’ by limiting student numbers
New Arrangements for class attendance
Stopping the spread of the virus
- Prevention of infected people visiting the class:
- Any students who are unwell or they or other members of their household who show any of the symptoms for Covid 19 should not attend classes in the school. Any students arriving at the school showing signs will not be allowed entrance into the training room.
- Reduce ‘density risk’ by student numbers limitation:
- Classes are set to a maximum of 15 students.
- New arrangements for class attendance:
- Student must arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before class.
- Student must arrive fully ready for their class, no changing into their uniform inside the school.
- Social distancing rules must be obeyed at all times.
- Stopping the spread of the virus:
- All students must use the hand sanitiser at point of entry and exit.
- Catch it, Bin it, Kill it – All students & instructors must use Catch it, Bin it, Kill it and to avoid touching face, eyes, nose or mouth with unclean hands. Tissues will be made available in class. Hand sanitiser must be used after.
- Social distancing:
- Government guidance on wearing masks for all instructors (student may wear masks and gloves if they wish). Student to bring their own PPE equipment but the school has a supply of gloves and masks if necessary.
- Social distancing rules to be adhered to at all times.
- Incident Management:
- A complete and accurate student attendance kept by the school.
- Be ready to suspend classes if an instructor tests positive.
- Be ready to increase or reduce risk management measures in line with government guidelines.
The safety of both instructors and students is our key objective. We will strive to do our utmost to keep everyone safe by adhering to current medical advice.