What is it?
At IWKA we believe the very effective martial art that Wing Tjun is can be enhanced by the practitioner being more relaxed.
Why is it effective?
- Makes the body more relaxed
- Effectively reduces stress
- Increases the mind’s focus
- Relaxation: After an initial period of external or physical training on Wing Tjun, the training will be supplemented by relaxation techniques in the form of Song forms.
- Increased Focus: Using standing meditation you learn to focus your thoughts and start your journey in internal arts.
Standing meditation or Zhan Zhuang (translated as ‘Standing like a post’) is a training method used to increase your internal capabilities.
IWKA as an organisation also teaches Taiji, both the Wing Tjun and Taiji uses common training methods such as standing meditation.